What was the challenge or problem to solve?
Refrigeration circuits need a large input of energy to function.
In certain applications, current solutions are not enough and present certain temperature problems.
How was it addressed or what was the solution?
As an alternative, the Materials Innovation team carried out the additivation of the refrigerant with nanoparticles, improving its properties and heat dissipation capacity.
Through a combined improvement, it was possible to greatly increase two of the properties that allow saving energy in the thermal cycle:
- Increase the heat transfer of the refrigerant fluid
- Lower the boiling temperature of the fluid
- Improve the properties of a refrigerant type
- Selection and stabilization of nanoparticles within the base fluid
- Modification of nanoparticles to improve their stability over time
Contact with us