What was the challenge or problem to solve?
This study aimed to select the optimal alloy and surface finish of austenitic stainless steels for certain conditions of use, comparing the useful life of various materials by analyzing their resistance to corrosion meeting the requirements of the ISO 17475:2005 standard.
How was it addressed or what was the solution?
The comparison of corrosion resistance of stainless steels was carried out by the Materials Innovation team with accelerated corrosion tests using electrochemical techniques with an Autolab M101, potentiostat, obtaining quantitative and highly reproducible measures, having to differentiate geometric, surface and composition effects.
Thanks to these tests, we obtained measures of the durability of the analyzed materials and selected the best alternative for the actual application conditions.
- Comparison of different stainless steel alloys with different surface finish.
- Reproduction of real environmental conditions in the accelerated test.
- Obtaining comparable and objective results eliminating the subjectivity of traditional tests such as salt spray chambers.
- Quantitative corrosion analysis with potentiostat.
- Selection of the best alternative for the real conditions of the application.
Contact with us