What was the challenge or problem to solve?
To carry out these studies, it was decided to profile and select certain users with vehicles, so that the trend could be seen according to their habits and profile.
With this information, it will be possible to evaluate potential solutions or technologies that prevent these microorganisms and provide added value to users in certain situations.
How was it addressed or what was the solution?
To address the problem, the Forensic Engineering team conducted a literature search to take advantage of the information already existing in this field and to define the test method.
Samples were taken by rubbing swabs over the chosen surfaces which were subsequently cultured on agar plates.
The results obtained provided insight into the actual microbiological load present in cars, both the quantity and some of the species.
- To study the actual microbiological load on different car surfaces.
- To know the most critical points because they present a higher quantity of microorganisms.
- Evaluate the trend according to the habits and profile of vehicle users.
- To sample different surfaces in different cars and to cultivate on agar plates the microorganisms present in each point.
- Analyze the quantity and species of microorganisms obtained at each point.
- Determine the highest risk points according to the results obtained.
Contact with us
receive a tailored professional response